Commercial Finance Manager for Inflight Service
Take up the challenge with the TUI smile on your face: the symbol of the appreciation and satisfaction of our customers, and of our employees.
The way we work across the TUI Group is changing. Our goal is to be a truly integrated global travel company, digitally empowered, utilising the same platforms and processes to deliver the most competitive, innovative and desired holiday experience for our customers. The creation of a centralised Inflight Retail team will enable a harmonisation in Inflight Service activities and processes across the five TUI airlines and thereby maximise profits by applying best practice to all Inflight Retail operations.
The main purpose of this role is to provide support business partnering in relation to Inflight Service (“IFS”) and manage a small finance team.
As a member of the IFS team, and working closely with TUI Aviation, you will support the transition of all TUI Airlines to a platformed operation and will build effective service relationships across all markets.
This role can be based in either our Luton, Amsterdam, Brussels, Hannover or Stockholm.
What you will be doing
As Commercial Finance Manager for Inflight Service you will be responsible for all financial activities, including 5YP planning, budgeting, forecasting, P&L, risks & opps, business cases etc. You will lead the local market finance teams in integrating and standardising a structured financial approach across Aviation, ensuring accountability according to the local financial regulations and aligning stakeholders across the Group.
Leading finance teams in airlines you will drive alignment in policies and practices, providing a consolidated financial platform on which the IFS leadership can make sound and balanced commercial decisions in the best interests of the Group.
You will lead multi-disciplinary project teams on key strategic initiatives including developing a robust stock reconciliation process to minimise wastage and shrinkage across all markets, supporting key internal audit requirements.
You will manage the IFS Aviation P&L, and work with source markets to establish the baseline to underpin and monitor financial performance throughout the year. The Inflight Service finance team will develop robust MI tools to continually assess performance vs forecast, budget and prior year closely monitoring risks and opportunities across the programme, whilst continuously seeking prospects for further improvement in performance and tracking initiatives.
You will manage a team of direct reports in a fast paced, dynamic workload to ensure priorities are understood and met, and show strong ability in developing people, in a new business function.
You will lead the setup of integrated Group reporting using Spotfire to setup and standardise an IFS platform for reporting, MI and analytics, in order for your team to develop insight based on financial data and then uncover opportunities to develop either cost efficiencies or margin growth based on your knowledge of best practice across the Group.
Working closely with the Head of Business Centre you will develop a robust end to end process for on-board retail products. Throughout, you will lead IFS and the airlines in ensuring the financial impact of stock leakage and wastage is reported so management can make relevant decisions to minimise these effects. You will ensure appropriate mechanisms are in place in each source market to complete the required sales/ tax declarations.
What we are looking for
- A qualified accountant or background in finance business partnering and broad post qualified experience
- Significant experience of defining and implementing financial policy and/or of financial reporting (previous aviation/travel industry experience preferred)
- Commercial judgement and the ability to influence and challenge at a director and senior manager level
- Ability to understand and navigate complex financial and commercial issues; proven ability to employ analytical tools to improve performance
- A self-motivated individual who takes the initiative and works collaboratively across cultural boundaries; ability to operate within a pan-European arena, with multiple customers and stakeholders across a range of source markets
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal customers, and internal and external service partners
- An autonomous, proactive and flexible colleague who works under pressure to maintain delivery and stakeholder engagement
- Experience working in a matrix structure, with an aptitude for pioneering new ways of working and a proven ability to implement change
- Ability to identify and anticipate customer needs and market developments
- Strong business English (written & spoken) and may involve travel across Europe.
- Ability to lead and manage a team
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.
If you have questions concerning this vacancy please contact Niels via email email@example.com or via phone 02 717 82 13