Manager of Engineering & Maintenance Procurement
Ga bij ons de uitdaging aan met de TUI-smile op je gezicht: het symbool voor de waardering en tevredenheid van onze klanten, én van onze medewerkers.
The objective of the Supplier Management & Procurement (SM&P) department is to deliver best value and cost savings in all aviation contracts. To strenghten our management team, we are looking for a
Manager of Engineering & Maintenance Procurement
As Manager of Engineering & Maintenance (E&M) Procurement you will be a subject matter expert in the field of E&M. You are responsible for medium to high-value/risk E&M procurement projects and for managing the agreements throughout their life-cycle.
What You will be doing:
- Build and maintain subject matter knowledge within the field of E&M including obtaining market intelligence by analysing market developments - new trends, supplier entry/exists, decisions of governments, etc and look for and report innovative business solutions which could be used as opportunities for savings.
- Review information on quality and performance of suppliers, based on quality reports and business intelligence analysis reports.
- Manage the procurement process for medium to high value/risk E&M procurement projects following the SM&P process and procedures manual, and support and/or review other projects, mainly in the field of E&M.
- Lead procurement process in co-operation with operational stakeholders and work in close co-operation with other procurement managers and specialists.
- Manage any and all activities involved in implementing commercial agreements
- Manage contracts through their life-cycle from an administrative and commercial point of view
- Provide guidance to stakeholders on contractual matters and support in ongoing supplier management of contracts.
- Managelong-term supplier performance by reviewing supplier performance reports and by organizing regular service/performance review meetings with suppliers and business owners.
- Analyse operational risks for E&M based on market intelligence, business intelligence analysis reports and financial risk reports. Report if risk level changes/increases and make recommendation for further actions
- Develop and leverage internal networks, in cooperation with internal (SM&P colleagues, operational departments etc.) and external (suppliers, etc.) stakeholders
- At all times, ensure you are acting according to TUI values and relevant procurement policies, and report to a person of trust in case you notice non-compliance.
What we are looking for:
- Have a relevant graduate degree- masters desired but not essential
- Have a CIPS qualification or equivalent by experience
- Experience in an operational E&M airline environment is a plus
- Have a commercial mindset, continually evaluating the costs and benefits of a decision
- Have strong numeric, analytical and problem solving skills with eye for detail, at the same time maintaining an overview
- Able to challenge assumptions and to think out of the box
- Have extensive understanding of contractual legal terms & conditions
- Have good communication and reporting skills
- Have good negotiation, influencing and persuading skills
- Understand cultural differences, able to manage the complexity and ambiguity resulting from multiple stakeholders of differing sizes and based in different countries
- Able to work, always innovating, in a rapidly changing environment, prioritizing accordingly
- Able to easily develop a strong network of contacts throughout the business and industry, gaining the support and commitment of key players to key projects
- Have ‘can-do’ attitude, work result-oriented and take initiative
- Able to travel regularly to meet with suppliers and internal stakeholders, for example.
- Able to work according TUI values and procurement policies
- Have a good knowledge of English, knowledge of other languages is a plus
Apply online and send us your CV and motivation letter (English required)
Already smiling? There is still more for you!
We offer you a job at Europe’s biggest travel organization with smart and enthusiastic colleagues within TUI Group as well as the opportunity to work together with European colleagues within your field. You will be part of a dynamic company with many international contacts.
TUI also gives you the opportunity to develop yourself within TUI Group through specific talent program and possible trainings. In addition, TUI offers a cafeteria plan which enables you to determine your own remuneration package in accordance with your needs and desires. You can also take out hospitalization insurance via TUI, if desired. Working at a travel organization offers of course other benefits as well, such as the possibility to book your own trips or trips for close relatives with employee discount. In addition, you are also entitled to discount on several hotels, holiday resorts and airport car parks thanks to our partners. In order for you to be able to fully enjoy these benefits, TUI offers 3 additional days off!
Another plus is that the holiday feeling and the airport are never far away with a job at TUI!
Stay up to date with the latest vacancies within TUI via
TUI Belgium Jobs: https://www.facebook.com/TUIBelgiumJobs/