Flight Operations Engineering Manager
Ga bij ons de uitdaging aan met de TUI-smile op je gezicht: het symbool voor de waardering en tevredenheid van onze klanten, én van onze medewerkers.
This role can be based in either our Luton, Brussels, Hannover, Amsterdam or Stockholm office.
What you will be doing
As the Flight Operations Engineering & Support Lead you will lead a team of Flight Operations Engineers responsible for the provision of all performance specs, data and on-board performance tools to all TUI airline fleets and flight crew. You will manage the resource and workload of the FOE team, creating common skills and capabilities in order to drive a standardization of ways of working. This role will be responsible for managing the processes of the FOE team in accordance with regulatory standards, and for developing the capabilities of the FOE team to keep up to date with industry best practice.
This role will be accountable for agreeing and managing to SLAs with each of the five TUI Airlines, ensuring the production of performance tools, specs and data to a high standard, and in a timely fashion. You will foster a customer service ethos, within a team motivated to deliver high quality and timely content to TUI airline teams, in an efficient and cost effective way. The Flight Operations Engineering & Support Lead will manage the workload of the team, including sharing FOE tasks and activities across all Flight Operations Engineers (irrespective of their location). Your team embedded in the airlines will provide a direct point of contact to the local airlines for all technical queries (including performance data for ad hoc flights and critical airports) , and will distribute the provision of FOE responses and solutions across the larger FOE team, according to workload and capacity.
The Flight Operations Engineering and Support Team will also develop and maintain the EFB tool, ensuring EFB functionality, content and equipment is appropriate for all TUI aircraft fleets and while ensuring it remains user friendly. You will also lead the provision of centralised MEL expertise across the TUI airlines, and be accountable for the MEL manuals content in accordance with regulatory requirements.
You will build tactical and operational relationships with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure continuous provision of effective data and performance tools to the flight operations teams in all TUI Airlines, and to provide input into supplier performance management activities.
As part of the Flight Operations Procedures Management team you will be responsible for leading, managing and developing a virtual team. As part of the Flight Operations Procedures Management team you will be responsible for achieving the overall objective of commonality in flight operations across the TUI Airlines, and will work with Flight Operations, Risk, Safety & Compliance and other stakeholders from across the airlines to ensure continuous improvement and application of market leading flight operations. You will be accountable for managing and controlling the Flight Operations Procedures budget. The FOPs management team will produce business cases and ensure opportunities for cost optimisation are constantly sought and pursued, including changes in the FOPs team structure
You will lead a team of experts, as well as oversee the activities of SMEs working in other teams and the airlines; managing in a matrix and virtual environment you will establish a new team working within an open, honest culture with exceptional employee engagement. You will develop and implement the strategy and plans for the Flight Operations Procedures team, and be accountable for stakeholder relationships across One Aviation and with all five TUI airlines.
What we are looking for
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment with accountability for leading the development of complex operating performance tools and specs
- Ability to produce and agree SLAs with multiple customers; evidence of having effectively managed technical service provision to multiple customers with embedded teams in multiple locations
- A track record of establishing highly motivated technical teams, dispersed across a number of locations; ensures capability and commitment to delivering quality service to highly regulated customers
- A track record of driving continuous improvement in detailed performance tools; evidence of having successfully challenged the existing state of affairs, including working robustly with regulators to drive change
- Ability to identify industry and regulatory developments; an understanding of how to translate external trends into specific responses to ensure TUI remains in line with, or ahead of, the market
- Experience of planning and coordinating complex actions plans, ensuring working practices and methods are clearly structured and organized to deliver to multiple internal customers
- An autonomous, proactive and flexible leader who in ambiguous and changing environments adapts behaviours to ensure focus on a specific goal; works under pressure to maintain team and stakeholder engagement
- Insightful appreciation of the formal and informal influences and structures within an organisation; works effectively to involve stakeholders in business decisions by building trust and gaining consensus with people across all levels of the organisation and across different countries
- Cultural sensitivity, with experience of working as part of a pan-European team
- Able to operate as a trusted partner to multiple source markets, and to influence the application of common solutions and best practice in all airlines
- Strong business English is mandatory and fluency in other European languages an advantage
Working within TUI group
It’s our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.