Fuel Project Manager
Ga bij ons de uitdaging aan met de TUI-smile op je gezicht: het symbool voor de waardering en tevredenheid van onze klanten, én van onze medewerkers.
This role can be based in our Luton, Hannover, Brussels, Amsterdam or Stockholm office.
What you will be doing
As the Fuel Project Manager you will utilise your specialist airline, fuel and sustainability expertise to provide input into the TUI One Aviation fuel strategy, and ensure the identification and end to end delivery of fuel initiatives and projects across One Aviation.
You will identify and ensure delivery of all changes in procedures, working practices and behaviours required to deliver fuel projects aligned with TUI Group Sustainable Development and One Aviation strategic objectives.
The central co-ordination and support for fuel projects across all airlines will be provided by this role. In order to do this effectively you will need to have developed and maintained excellent relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to ensure that fuel projects maintain momentum.
In addition you will provide data collection, analytical MI reporting, and ETS/CO₂ reporting across airline fuel and SD initiatives. You will identify trends and sights based on specialist external knowledge in the field of fuel.
You will use your project management expertise; alongside the tools and methodologies agreed within One Aviation, to ensure that projects are managed effectively and that you can monitor impact and gauge success of all environmental projects post implementation.
Working closely with senior leaders in One Aviation and the central and local communications teams you will deliver effective, timely and audience appropriate communications to front-line and head office teams on the topic of fuel management ensuring that our colleagues understand and support the TUI Group Sustainable Development objectives. You will influence senior leaders across Aviation and all four airlines to effect necessary workplace change to achieve the objectives laid out in the TUI Group Sustainable Development and One Aviation strategies.
Working closely with Aviation senior leaders and Crew Training, the Fuel Project Manager will be responsible for identifying and delivering appropriate and effective training to crew staff on the matters of environment. The role will ensure that this training and education underpins the required workplace behaviours and procedures to achieve objectives laid out in TUI Group Sustainable Development and One Aviation strategies.
What we are looking for
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment with managing projects relating to fuel management or sustainable development initiatives
- Experience of planning and coordinating complex projects of work, utilizing project management tools and methodologies including monitoring to ensure delivery of stated benefits, and ensuring effective post-implementation assessment
- Capability as an expert in the fuel field, ensuring a clear visibility of current and cutting edge thinking in aviation fuel management, including relevant Sustainable Development topics
- Capability to master complex dependencies paired with high numerical skills / mathematical modelling
- A track record of driving continuous improvement in fuel management; evidence of having successfully challenged the existing state of affairs, including working robustly with stakeholders to drive change
- Insightful appreciation of the formal and informal influences and structures within an organisation; works effectively to involve stakeholders in business decisions by building trust and gaining consensus with people across all levels of the organisation and across different countries
- Cultural sensitivity, with experience of working as part of a pan-European team
- Able to operate as a trusted partner to multiple source markets, and to influence the application of common solutions and best practice in all airlines
- Strong business English is mandatory and fluency in other European languages an advantage
Working within TUI group
It’s our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.