Aircraft Technical Lease Affairs Engineer
Ga bij ons de uitdaging aan met de TUI-smile op je gezicht: het symbool voor de waardering en tevredenheid van onze klanten, én van onze medewerkers.
The way we work across TUI Group Airlines is changing. Our goal in Engineering & Maintenance is to be a truly integrated service provider to the TUI Group Airlines. We are on a journey to unite previously independent engineering & maintenance establishments, and create one cohesive pan-European organisation, driving harmonisation and best practice in what we do and capitalising on our collective size to deliver economies of scale, whilst fostering a common culture of excellence in quality and delivery.
The Aircraft Technical Lease Affairs Engineer will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating the transition of aircraft out of a TUI Group airline due Lease expiration (End of Lease (EOL)) or permanent intercompany Lease transfer, from project inception to conclusion, in accordance with contractual Lease Agreements. They will also provide a focal point to aircraft Lessors / Owners throughout the Lease term and support mid-term and annual physical aircraft inspections as required.
Given the various TUI Group engineering locations and final EOL aircraft maintenance and re-delivery locations this role will require travel, on occasion for extended periods of time.
This role can be based in either our Luton, Amsterdam, Brussels, Hanover or Stockholm office.
What you will be doing
As an Aircraft Technical Lease Affairs Engineer you will effectively project manage all aspects required to ensure on time aircraft re-delivery to lessors and/or intercompany lease transfers. You will identify, cascade and manage detailed technical and operational requirements to ensure on-time delivery of your objectives.
You will be the Engineering & Maintenance point of contact and liaison between the TUI airline and the aircraft Lessor or Owner during the lease term until conclusion of EOL and/or lease transfer activities. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining project plans, managing face to face meetings, providing comprehensive post-meeting minutes and the coordination of follow-up action, identifying and managing risks and issues.
Your activities will also include extensive auditing of aircraft documentation in order to identify any issues or anomalies that could prevent an on-time redelivery in accordance with the contractual Lease Agreement and actively manage resolution to deadlines. You will have responsibility to actively assemble and structure the final aircraft documentation and records to the required standard for Lessor/Owner/next Operator acceptance and effectively support any lease amendments through liaison with the colleagues in Group Fleet Management and Fleet Finance, Engineering and Finance.
You will assist in the preparation of budgets and other financial plans relevant to your area of responsibility and control the budget allocated to your activities.
You will promote a continuous improvement culture delivering efficiency and cost saving whilst enhancing the working environment.
What we are looking for
- Aviation background with a sound understanding of a broad range of aircraft maintenance
- Excellent knowledge of AMOS and adept at utilising aircraft / component manufacturers support platforms such as MyBoeingFleet, Component Maintenance Manuals and other associated technical documentation
- Degree in engineering (or equivalent) or Part 66 Licence Holder would be an advantage.
- Project Management skills and experience
- Ability to work under significant pressure whilst driving project progress to achieve the objective
- Flexibility to be able to support projects at various locations, on occasion, for extended periods of time
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- The ability to work collaboratively across different business cultures
- Excellent financial and commercial awareness with regard to business risk implications of decision-making
- Understanding of Human Factors and Health & Safety within the maintenance environment
- Must maintain a full clean driving licence
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player with ability to work on own initiative
Working within TUI group
It’s our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.